M. Chapoutier Belleruche Cote-Du-Rhone

Between the full moon on August 7 and the eclipse on August 21, it’s been a wild ride so far this month.  I’m not sure where it comes from, but most everyone I’ve had to work with lately seems to have put a little dollop of crazy in their morning coffee.

My favorite little episode happened with a group from my office.  We were at an outdoor concert, advertised as family friendly.  All around us, kids were playing, people were chatting, there were even dogs in the park occasionally barking.  I was sitting on the ground, chatting with the two ladies sitting with me, enjoying the music.  Suddenly, the older couple behind me (I was sitting sideways to the stage, they were to the left of our group) pulls on the back of my shirt.  I turn to look at them and get a very angry, “Can’t you be quiet?”

I was honestly surprised.  The music was loud, we weren’t talking all the loud, and my back was to them.  I asked, “You can hear us?”

At that point, I can’t write what was said next because it’s inappropriate for this blog.  And for a family friendly event.  Needless to say, we all moved after another few minutes.

What shocked me (besides the fact the lady in question called my office to complain to one of the owners a few days later), was how quickly they went to irate.  There was no, “Can you keep it down, please.”  It was straight to angry voices.

Sigh.

Life’s too short for so much anger.

This wine isn’t related to the story, other than it does make me happy and soothes the rough nerves.  It’s a beautiful Grenache/Syrah blend from France.  There’s lots of raspberry and plum on the nose and the front of the palate. 

It keeps well after opening.  I opened on a Sunday and it still held a nice flavor on Wednesday. 


I suggest we all find a couple of bottles and hide under our beds until the lunar activity is finished for the month.

Comments