Prophecy Red Blend

Human Resources is the worst part of my day job.  Today’s world of job hunting, hiring, and employee or contractor retention is very, very difficult.  While hiring and firing is not something I do directly, I am often accountable for the actions (or lack of actions) of our contractors and employees.

Today I received an email notification that one of my contractors would no longer be available.  Effective immediately.  He had four clients, the first of which he was supposed to meet less than six hours from the time he sent the email.

He’s the second contractor in eight days to do this.

This is par for the course in our world, and is probably why I spend my free time in the “lone wolf” business of writing.

It also might be why I enjoy drinking wine so much.

In fairness, most of our people have been with us for many years.  And we’re an industry that hires young people.  Both of the two contractors listed above were in their young twenties.

But onto the wine…

This bottle was a gift from one of my clients.  I knew it would fit into the price point of this blog.  It has a beautiful bottle (all the wines in this line do) and was a thoughtful and appreciated gift.

The nose isn’t super outstanding.  It’s mostly run of the mill, affordable California smell.  A little spicy, not heavy enough for chocolate overtones.  I saw a review that said this one smells like Cherry Coke.  It’s a great analogy for the nose.

However, I would recommend NOT thinking about Cherry Coke when you taste unless you want to really confuse your taste buds.

There’s a lot of fruit in the flavor.  A tiny hint of oak, but not at all overpowering, and very gentle tanins on the end.

It’s nice for a very traditional red.  Serve with red meats or pasta.  It will be a nice jumping off point for sweet white wine drinkers who might want to try a “real red.”


Until next week, friends.  It’s time for me to start sorting through resumes.

Comments