September 14, 2017
Lost Angel Cabernet Sauvignon

“Naughty wines for naughty times.”  This is the tag line on the back of the bottle, and it’s entirely the reason I purchased this wine. Well, that, and the fact that it had a screw top.

But let me back up.

I’m writing this blog on September 10.  My sister has decided to hunker down in Panama City Beach with her family.  My aunt and uncle who live south of Orland tried to get to Georgia, but couldn’t get out of Florida.  They’re staying with friends near Tampa – which is as far north as they could make it.

With Hurricane Irma bearing down on family in Florida, I am a bit worried.

On top of that, my office is doing a gift card drive for the neighborhood in Texas one of our customers is from.  Much of that area is all but destroyed.

Now I have an in-house concert on Friday night, September 8, that my stress level just about can’t handle. 

Bring in one of my good friends, whom shall remain nameless for this blog, in order to protect the not-so-innocent.  I’m picking up concessions for the concert and she texts me to pick up something more adult.  Really?  Yes.  We’ll hide in my office for the night.

I’ve never done this before.  But it’s tempting.  So head down the wine aisle of Publix, looking for a screw top red.

Drinking from red solo cups, I have to admit the red California wine is exactly what I needed at the time.  (Along with a great conversation about books.)  It’s not too heavy, and has flavors of cherry and only a hint of oak.   I can’t report on the nose – it’s hard to get a good smell around the plastic.

But the wine was great with Doritos (thanks to the concession stand).

I live and work in a 24-hour business.  It’s hard and sometimes you need to close the door and take your shoes off.


By the time you read this, the storm will have passed and hopefully the skies will be clear.  I hope you made it through and that everyone is safe.

Comments