September 21, 2017
Sideshow No. 1 – Queen Roma Chardonnay

Today’s wine is a bottle I opened in honor of the television show Carnivale (it ran from 2003-2005).  My husband stumbled on it while surfing for new shows on Amazon Prime’s Roku channel.  The first episode was B-O-R-I-N-G until the last three minutes.  Then we were hooked.

It’s tough finding shows to watch together.  He likes documentaries and situational comedies.  I like most anything that isn’t real, or certain types of shows on the history or travel channel.  We watch a lot of American Pickers. 

This one has enough fantasy elements to keep me engaged, and enough “real” people for him.  A nice glass of wine and some popcorn is helpful, too.

There’s some irony that I make part of my living in the world of fantasy (have you purchased your copy of my novel, Retribution, yet?), but I’m married to someone who has no idea what a Storm Trooper is.  And don’t ask him about the Lord of the Rings, he’ll go on a thirty-minute rant about “when did those little guys with ugly feet go to the bathroom?”

At the very least, it keeps life interesting.

This Chardonnay is decent, especially at $6.00.  The oak isn’t too strong and it’s got points for a fun bottle.  You’ll find some fruits on the front.  Lately heavily oaked Chardonnay has been giving me a headache.  Not so with this one.  Just enough oak to fulfill the flavor with no funny side effects.


Give this one a go for a weeknight evening at home.

Comments