January 11, 2017

Louis Vallon Bordeaux – Petit Verdot Reserve 2016

I’m back!

Many apologies for the four-week sabbatical I took without warning.  The holidays were difficult for me this year.  Between work stress, personal stress, and the dour outlook my writing seemed to take on a daily basis, I decided I needed to let this part of my life go for a few weeks.

Now, I’m back, brighter, and have more energy to work with. 

If you follow my Instagram, you may have seen the fabulous new wine refrigerator my husband gave me for Christmas.  It’s filled to the top with great bottles I collected over the holidays that I’ll be sharing with you over the next few weeks.

Honestly, I hadn’t noticed until this year how stressful the holidays can be.  Maybe it wasn’t the holidays at all.  Maybe it was the difficult customers at work.  I don’t know.  I’ve put that behind me, restarted my exercise routine (because getting my two miles in each morning can make the difference between a good day and a bad), dropped all the unhealthy eating habits I’d picked up over the holidays, and feel much better.

What started out as “pancakes for my birthday” had turned into chicken biscuits for no reason other than I had a rough day yesterday.  I don’t know about you, but I fall off the “eat healthy wagon” quickly and with gusto.  And a bag of potato chips.

I’m starting the year with a very light red from the Bordeaux region of France.  Normally when we drink Bordeaux, we’re drinking a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, and smaller portions of Malbec and Petit Verdot.

This wine is from the Bordeaux region, but it 100% Petit Verdot. 

The result is a light red full of fruits.  Not as light as a Pinot Noir, this one can be sipped without food (which is how I’m drinking it now) or with lighter meats.  You don’t need a big steak.


I hope your 2018 if off to a great start.  Mine is.  Loose ends are tied up, projects finished, and the first round of edits on my next novel are finished and sitting on my table for review.  It’s going to be a great year!

Comments