January 18, 2018
Peppermint Hot Chocolate

I have a sweet tooth.  Anyone who knows me can attest to it.  That sweet tooth is part of the reason I try to walk two miles every, single, morning. 

I don’t love regular chocolate (although I do like a single square from a Hershey’s bar occasionally).  I love ice cream, plain chocolate or vanilla, please.  I love cheesecake.  I love pumpkin pie. 

And I love peppermint hot chocolate with a hit of peppermint schnapps. 

It’s a treat I’ll allow myself two or three times each winter.  I don’t do it very often because my brain still rebels against the idea of mixing liquor and milk.  (I’m sorry to all the Big Lebowski fans out there.) 

This is a cold winter night treat, made even better if there’s snow falling, that warms me up and satisfies my sweet tooth.

Tonight might be the night for the treat.  After spending over a week at terrible, low temperatures for Georgia, we ventured up to sixty for only two days before plummeting back below freezing.  It was only 34 degrees today when I went for my walk after lunch.

But I’m not complaining.  I’ve seen the weather reports and Facebook posts from my friends and family back in the Toledo area.  At least we don’t have the snow they have.  For that, I am grateful.

A hard frost has been known to close school around here. 


The Farmer’s Almanac is calling for an above average temperature this winter.  So far, they’ve been completely wrong.  Let’s see how the rest of the winter goes.

Comments

  1. Chantel st claire They always say up your eyes have the problem. They are the windows to the soul. Although if the window to ones soul is not attractive at all people may do not have the opportunity to see what beautiful creation you are inside. http://t-rexmuscleadvice.com/chantel-st-claire/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment