February 1, 2018
Gaucho Spur: Espuela Del Gaucho – Torrontes

Lets talk about chocolate cupcakes.  Some of you might remember that about a year and a half ago, I decided to go gluten free.  It was strictly a health decision, and it was the right one.  I’m not strict.  If I go to a friend’s house and they’re serving pasta, I’ll eat it.  I’m not going to be “that friend.”

I’ll admit, I will also cheat every once in a long while if I’m at the right restaurant and have the right reason.

But most of the time, no gluten for me.  (My lupus thanks me, less inflammation, less pain, and less bloating.)

The downside?  I love to bake.  Especially when I’m under stress.

My days, as of late, are filled with frantic editing, reading, and re-reading, as I try to get my next novel back for it’s second round of edits.  (Coupled with trying to increase sales on my first novel, start a local author’s book club, manage social media…and keep up with my regular job.)

Today, I had to bake.  The smell of chocolate cupcakes fill the house while I’m waist deep in vampires, valkyrie, and unreasonable almost-alpha-males. 

I had to eat one.  I couldn’t not.  My knees will hate me tomorrow, but the bottle of Torrontes loves me today.

Neither sweet nor overly dry, this wine is heavier than a Pinot Grigio but lighter than a Chardonnay.  It has apples, pears, and lemons on the palate; floral on the nose.

Paired with the chocolate, and it has a little bite of sourness that offsets the sweet beautifully.


The rest of these cupcakes are going into work tomorrow for my staff.  But the bottle stays with me. 

Comments