March 29, 2018
Frogtown Winery

Friendship, food, and Frogtown Winery.  This is how I spent my Saturday last weekend, enjoying a board retreat that led us to a favored winery in the North Georgia mountains.

The board, or the “PTA” of a local music school, picked St. Patrick’s Day to head into the mountains for some fun, fellowship, and good wine.  No business on this retreat, only an afternoon in the beautiful sunshine to get to know each other better.

We got lucky.  Forecast for rain all day, the sun broke through the clouds literally a mile from our first stop and stayed out the rest of the day.

What resulted was a relaxing day of conversation centering around favorite books, concerts, and the thing that brings us all together – a love of music.  After such a tough winter, it was nice to have a day with friends that didn’t dwell on negativity or anger.  Only happiness and common interests.

Our second stop of the day was for a glass of wine at Frogtown Winery, my favorite of the area.  Most of the board took my suggestion of a glass of Shotgun, my favorite wine of the establishment.  I drank Touche, another amazing blend.  Both are technically out of the price range for this blog, but well worth the money.

The main point of today’s blog is to take time off to enjoy the red (or white) wine.  Some days, owning a business is such a weight on my shoulders that I forget to notice the pleasures of life.  The first flower of spring to bloom in my yard.  The smile of a student grateful to see me.  The taste of red wine in the spring sunshine with a friend.

Thank you, Frogtown, for reminding me how to slow down.  Thank you to the owner for taking the time to stop and talk to a table full of ladies.  And thank you, to the amazing board of the MA Roadies, for helping to lift the weight off my shoulders.

Comments