April 26, 2018

Bogle – Phantom Red Blend

I don’t get to read as much as I’d like.  Owning a business, doing charity work, rehearsing and singing with my own band, writing novels, and general life take up a lot of time.  (I think I might overdo things…)  I love history, paranormal fiction, business books, and a lot of other books besides. 

You’ll notice some book/wine pairings over the next few months.  I did one on March 22 – Pacific Rim Riesling and Outlander.  Coming up soon will be El Maestro Sierra Pedro Ximenez (sherry) and Dragonfly in Amber (the second book in the Outlander series).  For me, a rainy day, a good book, and a bottle glass of wine is a day well spent.  Do you have a favorite wine and book pairing?

Meanwhile, when I’m not reading, rehearsing, or running a business, lately I’ve been obsessively looking through pet adoption sites.  I’ve been bitten by the “I must have a puppy” bug.  I’m not going to get one – our existing three pets would be very put out by an addition to the family.  We’re already one lap short in the evening.

Last week, I found a seven year old surrender dog (the same breed we already have) at the animal shelter located two and a half miles from my house.  I’m proud to say I didn’t go over the weekend to “look” and she was adopted by Monday.  Close call.  I have a soft spot for shelter dogs and cats. 

I picked up Phantom in the Costco.  Yes, I am ashamed to admit I have been known to pick up a bottle of wine while buying toilet paper for my business.

It’s good, very reminiscent of the Apothic red blends.  It’s a heavy red with a little sweetness and flavorings of chocolate.  Drink it alone, it didn’t mix well with foods for me.  I don’t like chocolate while I’m eating pizza.  But alone, after dinner while looking through pets available for adoption, it becomes a nice after-dinner treat.

Comments