August 23, 2018
Cass Vineyards Mr. Blanc

Ah, the smell of apricots!  The nose to Cass Vineyards Mr. Blanc puts me in a good mood, smiling, and ready to face a new blog. 

Last night I pulled out the first draft of a novel I finished several years ago.  It was the fastest and easiest write I’ve ever done – finishing it off in a hotel room in Toledo, Ohio, at the beginning of trip to see family. 

After spending the last few weeks immersed in the world of Retribution, preparing for the launch of book #2 (Contrition), and working on the second draft of the third novel in the series, I needed a break from that world.  I pulled out the novel, Fallen, and reemerged in the world of fallen angels.

I’d forgotten how much I enjoyed the characters.  My favorite, Marissa, is a teen in the novel.  I might see a YA Urban Fantasy in my future.

Don’t get me wrong, I adore the characters in the Retribution series.  Zartan is amazing, you get to see a whole new side of him in the next book.  And Kristoff (whom you will meet soon) is among my all-time favorite alpha males.  But they’re all so intense!  I swear I can’t sit down and have a glass of wine with them.  “How was your day,” usually ends up with war, death, destruction, and usually a lot of brooding.

It was time for a vacation.

Wines are often like small vacations for me.   This one, with its fruit filled nose, makes me think of tropical islands, flower lei’s, and sandy beaches. 

Beyond the nose the wine tastes like it smells. Lots of pear, a hint of apple, a little flower, resulting in a light, fruity white wine.  I love it.  With only 24 barrels produced, find yours before it sells out!

And stay tuned for the release of Contrition this fall.

Comments