October 25, 2018
Yonah Mountain Vineyards

This week has been a week of antibiotics so no tasting this week.  I’m going to tell you about my trip to Yonah Mountain Vineyards on October 5. 

While I’m on the subject of no tasting, however, why is it the craziest things happen when you’re on antibiotics?  I rarely think to myself, “Gee, today was terrible.  I can’t wait to go home and have glass of wine.”  At least, not until I’m on antibiotics that “won’t react well to alcohol.”  Then, I promise, it’s one of those days every single day.  Anything that can go wrong, will.

Husband never blow a tire by hitting a curb?  He will this week.

Have the perfect child that never lashes out, is insanely responsible, and never doesn’t anything wrong?  This week you’re getting a call from the school for vandalism.

That 401k you’re setting up for work?  You’ll get a call sixty minutes before paperwork is due that you need one more signature.  You’ll be running in the woods, on the trail, forty-five minutes from your car, which is thirty minutes from your office and the nearest printer and scanner.

Yep, it’s been that kind of week.

However, back on October 5, I had a wonderful visit to Yonah Mountain Vineyards.  It was my first trip.  I enjoyed a nice tasting (the whites were better than the reds) and then sat in the tasting room and enjoyed a glass of port while enjoying the view of the mountain.

The owner came through and introduced himself to everyone before playing a game of “name that tune” on the grand piano.  The wine maker’s wife was pouring tastings, we had a lovely conversation and I managed an extra pour of their just released rose (it was amazing, a Merlot rose grown on estate, with flavors of melon).

I’m glad I came on a Friday when it isn’t as busy as the weekends.  I was able to enjoy the experience and really chat with the ladies behind the counter.  Totally worth the hour long drive from my house!

Comments