April 25, 2019
La Chasse Prestige 2017: Rose
My favorite local wine spot has new zoning!  Thank you, Forsyth County, for allowing The Collection to become an open container shopping center.  The new law allows Talk of the Table to do a really cool thing – Flights Out Front. 

Flights out Front is a flight of wine, 2 oz pours, on their front patio.  For $10, you can enjoy a taste of four great wines.  The day I tried it there were two white, one rose, and one red.  They were all great, all priced right, and of course, I went home with a bottle of red.  (The Whole Shebang, Twelfth Cuvee.  I’m sure there will be a later blog about that bottle, too.)

Why is this so awesome?  Great people watching.  But also because it opens up the space and gives you an option to try out wines without going through a formal wine tasting.  (Not that those are bad.  The ladies, and Mitchell, at Talk of the Table do an amazing job.  Just a different option.)

Yesterday, I needed to get out of the office and work on some press releases for a speaking engagement I’m doing to promote my books this summer.  What would I do at home?  I’d pour a glass of wine, grab my laptop, and enjoy the evening air on my back porch.  I need to come back to work, so going home isn’t an option, but guess what is?  Eight minutes away, Flights Out Front.

An hour and a half later, my to do list is complete, the press release is finished, and I’m back to the office just in time to pick up my dogs and head home.  It was like going across the street to the coffee shop – only better!

There was a rose as part of the flight, La Chasse Prestige 2017, that I particularly loved.  Very affordable (only $12.99), it reminded me of strawberry jam or rhubarb pie.  Sweet with a slight hint of tartness, it was crisp, refreshing, and summery. 

A French Cotes du Rhone wine, it seems my palate is changing again.  After years of disliking Cotes du Rhone (and the Rhone Valley in generally), this is the second bottle this month I’ve loved.

Comments