December 12, 2019
Dachshund Bubbles

What a super fun bottle of wine!  My first thought when I saw it was, how cute!  It can’t possibly be any good.  Looks are deceiving here – it’s cute and tasty!

This was my night cap, birthday celebration wine.  I had somehow accumulated an excessive amount of sparkling wine in the last few months.  For someone who doesn’t drink a lot of sparkling, six bottles is beyond excessive.  I opened this one mostly because I needed to start clearing out some space for winter reds.

Coming from Germany, I expected something sweet and prosecco like.  What I got instead was a nice, light sparkling wine that sat nicely on the palate and went well with the popcorn I was eating.  (Note: popcorn and sparkling wine are wonderful and now a treat in my mostly keto world.)

The local shop I purchased this from is out, but I’m keeping my eyes open for another bottle to keep on my shelf.  Not only is it a great sparkling wine, it’s also a great conversation starter and gift for your dog loving friends!

Comments