R.L. Buller & Sons Fine Muscat


September 3, 2020

R.L. Buller & Sons Fine Muscat

 

I love a good port.  I really love a good, old, port.  Sadly, my monthly wine budget doesn’t.  I have to survive on reasonably priced port.  (My favorite port runs around $275 per bottle.  Yes, I love port enough to have a favorite.)

A friend convinced me to try this as an alternative to port.  Being a good sport, I picked up a bottle…and proceeded to let it sit on my shelf for a few weeks before I got around to opening it.

I’m trying to be braver about my food and beverage.  One cannot survive on Bordeaux alone.

If you hate the flavor of raisins, skip this drink.  It’s lovely, but very much like a dessert made with raisins and caramel.  The color is beautiful and I imagine loving this with some warm, bread pudding.

I was surprised to find this port-like fortified wine comes from Australia (not usually one of my favorite regions).  It turns out I’m finding out about a lot of things I like that I didn’t know I liked.

I’ll also be finding out what I enjoy about Labor Day weekend that isn’t Dragon Con.  Sadly, my usual weekend vacation is cancelled this year.  (Please, for the goodness of all, let it be back next year.)  There will be no amazing food at one of downtown Atlanta’s favorite restaurants (White Oak and Ray’s in the City, I’m going to miss you!)  No people watching, author meeting, or corset buying.  It will all have to wait until next year.

Instead, I’ll be doing a concert in the park (hopefully not at 90 degrees), playing euchre and drinking tequila with friends (okay, that’s a lot like Dragon Con), and hitting up a winery on Monday.  At least there are lots of alternative options in Georgia.  Now the question is, how much of my weekend will I still Cosplay for?


 

Comments