Joy Cellars Pinot Noir

 


December 3, 2020

Joy Cellars Pinot Noir

 

If you go back to my early blogs, I write frequently about how much I dislike Pinot Noir.  It took time, developing my palate, and a set of New World Pinot Noir Riedel glasses for me to really appreciate the wine.  Now, instead of a light, watery wine, I can taste the intricacies of cherry and raspberry.  I pick up on subtle flavors of smoke and oak.  I enjoy the Pinot Noir for what it is – a light red that dances across the tongue.

I have a habit in life of bulldozing through things.  I’m an innovator who’s always ready to jump on the next great idea.  I don’t always stop and think.  I like life the way I like my red wines – big, bold, and in your face.

Someone once told me you can’t pet a cat the way you pet a dog unless you want to get scratched. 

Pinot Noir is very much like that for me.  When I stomp through life, expecting the chewiness of a cabernet sauvignon or the smokiness of a Merlot, I will miss the delicacy of a Pinot Noir.  With Pinot, I need to slow down, calm my mind, and look deeper into the wine to appreciate what it’s telling me.  I have to work a little harder to find the fruit; but oh, is it worth it.

The fruit forwardness of a good Pinot can be divine. 

Joy Cellars is part of the Wine Shops at Home family.  If you’ve never tried a Wine Shops at Home party, give one a go.  It’s a fun experience for you and a few friends.  (You may want to wait until COVID is over.)  The wines are good, and the tasting options are usually very well put together.  You can get a tasting box for just about any kind of wine drinker (even the sweet ones).  Your consultant will help you pick the box for you and then give you pointers on foods to serve while tasting.  It’s a blast.


Comments