Antigal Uno Malbec 2017


Not every wine will stop the world from turning.  Some wines are everyday values for everyday dinners or sipping on the back porch.  But we need those everyday wines to help us appreciate the big wines of life.  We need the stability of something we know is in our everyday budget that will pair well with a burger or pizza.  Not everything needs to be a glass of expensive champagne.

I’m working on awareness of the everyday moments.  A year into COVID, I feel like I lived most of the last year with a sense of life-or-death urgency that bled from one day into the next until all I felt was a low level of anxiety that never really ended.  Now, as I try to get my life back into some semblance of normal, I’m having trouble identifying anything other than the numbness of worry.

Happy?  I know I should be feeling it.  Sadness?  Hope?  Joy?  After a year of a big emotion pretty much non-stop, the basics of life are difficult to settle into.  I’ve been forcing myself to stop in the middle of dinner with friends and ask myself, “what am I feeling?”  I’m reidentifying the things that left me through a year of crisis.

Wine is similar.  If we only drink one wine forever, we’ll start to forget the nuances of other wines.  It’s important to have a stable of several wines you enjoy – just like experiencing different emotions.

Antigal Uno Malbec is a surprisingly affordable grocery store wine (I found this one at Kroger) that has a full-bodied flavor.  Its smooth, smooth, smooth with flavors of blackberry and cedar.  Great with food or alone.


 

Comments