Chateau Puyanche Code de Bordeaux

 


Bordeaux is a nostalgic wine for me.  It was one of the first reds I fell in love with (although I think I liked it because it sounded elegant more than I enjoyed the flavors).  I loved going to restaurants and ordering the Bordeaux on the menu.  It sounded so much more exciting than, I’ll drink the cab.  I was young, had just started appreciating wine, and had so much to learn.

Nostalgia isn’t a happy place for me to be right now.  As I watch people I care about outgrow me, spread their wings, and move on, I’m left feeling sad and often left behind.  It’s a sentiment I don’t share often (or at all).  I’m a teacher, they’re doing exactly what I want them to do – find their way in life.  Young people can’t stay where they are forever, they are meant to grow and leave the nest.

But this time of year, I find myself looking backward more than usual, thinking about the faces and names that have left the sphere of my world behind to forge their own adventure.  Often, I don’t think they realize how much of themselves they’ve left behind here.  The halls of my school echo with their voices and memories.  Smiles, tears, joy, and heartbreak.  So much, left behind so they can reach their full potential in the world.

I wish all my former students success.  I genuinely hope to never see them again because they’re happy and living their dreams.

As I sit here, sipping this Bordeaux, I can appreciate where we’ve been and look forward to new lives that will cross my path in the future. 

Chateau Puyanche in an earthy, leathery wine with hints of chocolate and tobacco.  It’s not terribly complex, but easy to drink and comforting on a rough day.


Comments