Flybird Prickly Pear Margarita

 


Oh, the fun you can have when you let go of expectations.  Sometimes just following a road until it ends, wandering into a store you’d never think about shopping, or exploring an antiques mall can bring you the most fun adventures of your life.

Agave wine isn’t something I would have willingly walked into a store to purchase.  I don’t love tequila (it and Mezcal are pretty much last on my list alcohols I want to drink).  Straight agave wine basically tastes like tequila over rocks.  I’ve heard it called “tequila lite.”

A local wine store owner had a bottle of this open in her refrigerator and offered me a taste of it.  I figured a taste wouldn’t hurt.  At best I’d find something new and interesting to drink. At worst, I’d reinforce my believe that agave, tequila, and Mezcal are not for me.

It turns out agave wine, with the right flavor addition, is pretty awesome.  Truly a margarita in a bartender free bottle, this might be my brand new, bring-to-the-beach go to drink the next time I visit my sister in Florida. 


Comments