Terroir Cabernet Sauvignon


This weekend is Dragon Con.  Wish me luck.  Despite COVID protocols, I’m planning on attending and enjoying my nerdiness for a few days.  Usually, these days include a couple of fabulous meals at restaurants with amazing wine lists.  Watch my Facebook page and the Anne Schlea Instagram for updates on any jewels I find along the way.

If all goes according to plan, there will be a trip to the Aquarium for Dragon Con Night, a couple of writers panels, and some learning along the way.  I love this weekend and missed it last year.  Despite being scaled back, I’m glad to have the opportunity this year.

Another adventure is this wine.  South African wines are growing on me, and this one in particular is very nice.  Made from 100% Cabernet Sauvignon coming out of Wellington, South Africa, it’s a complex wine.  The tannins are nicely rounded, giving the wine a nice mouthfeel. 

Flavors of leather, oak, and blackberry rise to the forefront of this wine.  Part of me wishes I’d saved this bottle for a cold, winter’s evening.  It’s a bit too heavy for the heat of summer outside (it’s 90 degrees outside as I write this).  If you come across the bottle, keep it for October and an evening by the fireside.


 

Comments