Ravines Cabernet Franc 2019

 


What a year it’s been. COVID seems unwilling to die, the economy has been on a roller coaster, and personal lives have been trying for many of us. At least it isn’t 2020. This year has been better than last and looking forward to 2022, I see good things coming. My plan is to ring in the New Year and not look back.

Don’t get me wrong, 2021 has had its share of wins. My day job has experienced one of the best years since 2014. Who knew retail could win in the midst of COVID and economic troubles? We’re closing out the year grateful to our customers, new and old, who picked us to shop with this year. Our numbers tell me that customer service matters. Being nice to customers matters. Going above and beyond matters.

I decided to close out 2021 with a bottle of one of my favorite varietals – Cabernet Franc. Someone once told me Cab Franc tastes like green pepper, and they’re right. That observation has ever since colored my view of this grape. It’s green, very dry, and lighter than it’s Cabernet Sauvignon cousin. You can get cranberry and some minerality on the palate. 

This particular bottle comes from the Finger Lakes in New York.

I hope you are all having the happiest of holidays and are able to ring in the New Year with a proper bottle of bubbly. Thank you for reading my blog this year and may 2022 be filled with fabulous wine.


Comments