Annabella Cabernet Sauvignon 2019




 

The dark, cold days of winter have settled upon us; the twinkling lights of the holiday season have been packed up and stored away until next year.  This is the time of the year I love a big, bold, warming red wine to keep me company in the evening.

By now I’m missing the festivity of the holidays. Winter is stretching out in front of me like an endless gray sea of gloominess. I’m a summer girl, through and through. I love sitting on my back porch in the heat of the afternoon, soaking up the sun from my pool chair, and hiking the mountains in the early morning.

But if I’m going to be curled up on my sofa with a warm blanket and my cat keeping my feet warm, this is a good wine to enjoy. It’s full bodied with nicely balanced tannins. There’s lot of juice on this wine from cherries and blackberries, finishing up with overtones of leather. It’s a very enjoyable Cab to drink alone or with a strip steak.

Comments