Il Meridione Nero D’Avola

 


Not every wine is for every drinker.  I might love the same thing you hate.  A good friend of mine absolutely hates red wines from California.  There are several I really enjoy (although most of them are from smaller vineyards and not something you’ll find at your regular grocery store).

My very close friend Susan loves, and I mean LOVES, wine from Italy.  I find it isn’t my favored style of wine.  Most of the reds are too light for me, and besides drinking an occasionally Chianti, I don’t have much on my shelf that represents Italian wines or Italian styles of wines. 

However, I often get gift bottles of Italian wine and I get them in my monthly Wine Club, as well.  (Although I am able to swap out the ones from Wine Club if I want to.) 

This one is okay for a non-Italian drinker. It’s full of fruit – mostly cherry and blackberry with a hint of plum. There’s a little bit of smokiness and the tannins are soft. I’m sure most drinkers will find it fabulous. It’s just not my style. I’m like a bull in a china shop when it comes to wine – bigger, bolder, and more in your face is better.


Comments