May 17, 2018
Beringer Chenin Blanc

A couple of days at the beach does wonders for the soul.  Or at least for my temperament and my ability to get things done.  I love my job, hate being idle, and tend to have a never-ending list of projects I’d like to complete.

And then it comes as a complete surprise to me when I’m worn out, grumpy, tired, and frustrated with life.

Thankfully, I have an extremely accommodating, amazing younger sister who lives in Panama City Beach only a few miles from the ocean.  A weekend visit later and I’m refreshed and ready to go.

My favorite restaurant on the beach is a place called Runaway Island.  The fish is fresh, always amazing, and the early bird $3 glasses of wine aren’t too bad either.  (Did I mention my sister has two kids under the age of four?  Dinner is always “early bird.”)

I couldn’t tell you the brand, but at $3, I’m not going to be picky.  With several options (two red, two white, and even a rose), I can find something palatable.  (Pinot Grigio.)

Follow up dinner with a game of mini golf (playing with my youngest niece is like playing with a goalie, she stands guard over the hole and tries to catch your ball before it goes in), a morning walk on the beach, and the batteries are starting to recharge.  For my music-business living self, being in an atmosphere where you need to be home by 7pm for bath and bed is refreshing.

Next week, I’ll tell you about my husband’s adventure while I was out of time.  It ends with a trip to the vet on Monday and a dog on Prozac…

Meanwhile, I’m going to sit on my back deck with another $3 special (okay, it was $4 at Kroger), Beringer Chenin Blanc.  I like Chenin Blanc, it’s not easy to find.  So I’ll take what I can get.  And Beringer isn’t as bad as I want to make it out to be.  A reasonable wine, slightly sweet, very light, for an afternoon on the patio.

Comments