Altocedro Ano Cero – Tempranillo 2018


That’s the thing about this city, it’s full of fun wine shops and is only a short drive from Georgia’s wineries.  I love living in Atlanta.  The winters aren’t too bad, the summers are long and warm, you’re six hours from the beach and one hour from the mountains. 

There’s a lot to love about living in this part of the world.  Atlanta is a world class city.  Great restaurants, a thriving theater community (when COVID isn’t raging, that is), plenty of concert venues, hiking, swimming, boating, you name it.  Well, except for a hockey team.  But that’s for a different blog.

Recently, I did a blog about the importance of trying different wines and not getting “stuck” on one wine forever.  It’s equally important to recognize what you like.  For a long time, I’d grab random bottles, cross my fingers, and hope for the best.  I stuck to familiar varietals (Merlot, Cab, Chardonnay) and was disappointed by my choices a lot.

By becoming aware of my wine choices, I found new varietals I really enjoy.  Bring in Tempranillo.  Seriously, yum. 

I tend toward heavier red wines and this one is no exception.  It brings with a nose of blackberries, wet forest floor, and a distant hint of campfire.  The smokiness is subtle and not overpowering, giving preference to the sweetness of the fruit.  The flavors are more dark fruit with light tannins.  It’s a lovely wine with a rounded mouthfeel and is easy to enjoy.

What do you love about the area you live?  Comment below!


 

Comments