Klet Brda Krasno Orange

 


Orange wine.  This bottle was a first for me.  Orange wine is made from white grapes that are macerated.  In other words, it’s made like a red wine – allowing the juice to sit on the skins during fermentation.  The resulting wine is a pale, beautiful orange color not unlike an orange carnation. 

I enjoyed opening this wine on a night home alone.  I was binge watching Lucifer (I went back to the beginning and plan to watch the whole series before I finish the last season for the first time).  It was a nice accompaniment to the dark humor (and Swiss cheese I was munching on).  I have just finished Shadow and Bone and needed a more lighthearted show to watch next.

(Side note – Shadow and Bone has one of the best written characters on television in my opinion.  You should watch it.)

The Krasno, an orange wine, is full of citrus.  It’s actually better on the second day and shouldn’t be too cold when you drink it.  You’ll get flavors of tangerine, lemon, and minerality.  It’s a unique taste that might take you by surprise at first.  Give it a minute.  I didn’t love it at first sip, but as the air mixed with the wine, it mellowed and tasted beautiful.

Halloween is coming.  I’m drinking orange wine and watching Lucifer.  What are you doing to celebrate?


Comments